Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

If Judas is a wrong choice for Jesus?

As some of you may know, I am a Sunday school teacher. I always received questions about Catholic faith. I would like to answer all of them by using the blog. I hope this can help other to understand God more.

Today's question: If Judas is a wrong choice for Jesus?

My answer is "I don't think so".

People think that it is a wrong choice because they think that Jesus chose somebody to betray him which is not a good thing. I believe that all this is under God's plan. In John 6:64 [But there are some of you who do not believe...], Jesus knew that among his disciples, not everyone has strong faith and some of them even "do not believe" and would "betray" him. After that, In John 6:66 [And he said, "For this reason I have told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by my Father."] And if you keep reading the passage, people left because of Jesus told them the path to go to heaven, the best path of our life...

In John chapter 6, it actually stated that Jesus chose Judas in verse 70 [Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you twelve? Yet is not one of you a devil?"]. It is clear that Jesus said there is an evil among one of the deciple. What?? Jesus chose a devil?

To answer this, we need to understand that "Freedom" is one of the most important gifts that God gave us. We have freedom to do anything, including to sin. Judas has the choice to not sin, however he chose to do that. Devil thinks that by killing Jesus is the only way to mess up God's plan. Devil thinks that he is almighty too... haha. God knows it clearly since God is the real almighty. God knows Devil's plan well. Devil does not know that God can tranform the plan into this huge salvation plan. Devil does not know that by killing Jesus, will turn lots of people into believers. Because of the resurrection of Jesus, Christian faith become well known and changed lots of people's heart. God used Devil's plan to fulfil his own plan. Isn't it powerful? Yes, because God is almighty.

-- Ah B



1 comment:

  1. HEYO! when I read this... it makes me think of you... speaking in class.. with ur.. POWER AWESOME accent! :)

    by the way, white type on a black background? we are going to be blind by the end... but GO GO GO! nice blog!

    janet.

    ReplyDelete