Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

My 1st Macintosh Computer

Recently, I got a new Mac computer. Yes, it is expensive. I of course have my reason to get it, but the reason is not important to put it here.

However, there is a good and close friend of mine keep saying that Apple inc. donates money to support same-sex marriage which has conflict with my Catholic religion catechism. Before, I think that she just wants to remind me and will stop saying this after 1 or 2 days. However, she keeps saying this. I somehow want to say "What do you want? I have my reason to get this laptop which you know it!!!! Stop criticizing my decision and my lovely Mac book!!!"

Of course, The reason I sound mad is somehow, I agree on her too. LOL... this idea keeps running in my brain days and days and days... (Yes, actually can't sleep Then, I opened my Bible and read the following scripture:

Tribute to Caesar (Matthew 22:15-22)

    ...then the Pharisees went and plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said. And they sent their disciples to Him, along with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any.

    "Tell us then, what do You think? Is it lawful to give a poll-tax to Caesar, or not?" But Jesus perceived their malice, and said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites?"Show Me the coin used for the poll-tax." And they brought Him a denarius. And He said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?"

    They said to Him, "Caesar's." Then He said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's."

    And hearing this, they were amazed, and leaving Him, they went away.
Of course, I understand that buying a computer from Mac is totally different from paying tax to government. One thing came to my mind is that should we still pay tax to Canada government although we know that they are using our money to support "abortion, contraception, same-sex marriage, war...etc" which are also conflicting our faith. According to Jesus, I think, yes, we should still pay tax. Not paying tax will not help on these situations. As a catholic, we should try our best to influence the government to avoid these kind of things.

As a Mac user now, I will try to send a letter to Apple Inc. and tell them my point of view. Also, as a catholic, we should keep doing evangilisation, teach people the "truth". Last Saturday in the Mandarin Sunday School class, one of my students asked me a very interesting question, "Do you think if a person hurts another person because he does not have a chance to learn anything about love, God or Jesus, will that person still goes to hell after he died?" My answer is, "I don't know. However, Jesus may blame to some of us (Catholic), because we did not do our job well which is ... " The 12-year-old kid said immidiately, "EVANGILISATION!!!!"... haha

Of course, I still don't know if my decision on buying a Mac is right or wrong, but I am sure that God knows what I am doing, and believe me or not, he (God) will "contact" me very quickly if I have something wrong.

with love,
Ah B

No comments:

Post a Comment